Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ending the year with a BANG!

As 2011 inches closer, I'm really ready to end 2010 in a bang. And I mean a BANG literally. Ok I think I might just be confusing you guys now. Let's begin the story from yesterday shall we?

I was just about to get out of the car when I notice the car tire seems to be slightly flatter over the driver's side (yes I know I'm heavy bla bla bla). So anyway I kept putting it in my mind to pump in air to the tyres on the wat back from hospital the next day which is today. But then, today I was fetching my friend back home and it was 10.30am in the morning! To pump air under the scorching hot weather in formal clothes? The idea was just unpleasant. So I said to myself I'll come out some time later to pump in the air.

So as I procrastinate the whole afternoon with online-ing, some studying, and even napping in between, I finally won the battle within me and got off my chair and into the car. Then I was thinking, why not kill 2 birds with a stone? I'll just head to the stadium for a jog then on the way back I'll pump the car tyres. Wa la! Brilliant!

As I head into the park, I was feeling so good about myself all of a sudden. Respiratory system working just fine with no more of my usual shortness of breath what-so-ever. So I decided to challenge myself and jog. The park was quite crowded as it was still school holidays and the weather was so fine! No signs of rain at all. I skilfully evaded all the people walking or jogging slower than me (Proud.. lol), I was feeling so good cos I weren't gasping for air at all. Then it had to happen, at that tragic moment, I somehow lost my balance (Not sure was the floor slippery or the uneven road), trying my very best to use the function of my ears and cerebelum to ensure I don't fall, but then it had to happen.

Wham! If my mom was there, she would have said I looked like a big nangka (jackfruit) falling down. Ouch! I fell flat on my face. Even knock my teeth. As I carefully arise, with the help of a mother daughter pair, they were kind enough to offer me towel, asking if I'm alright, checking whether I was able to stand or not. I was in shocked cos there was blood coming out from my mouth! As adrenaline rushed through my blood, I didn't feel pain at all that moment. That moment I was just a strong strong girl. Actually the first thing that came into my mind was Michelle Foo is so gonna kill me for this! So I said goodbye and thank them so much for their help and rushed off to wash my wound.

The pain soon set in. How I dread washing the injury as I know it would be painful. I actually kinda fell like how I did back when I was standard 2. Luckily, this time, I did not make myself a moustache and a beard. More like scraped my lips. I quickly washed off and headed back home. No point in me jogging any further rite? I was thinking to pump air into my car tyres, but then the pain was too unbearable. As I came home, Michelle was shocked! She kept telling about theories of jogging hazards, how she kept telling me not to go jogging etc etc. But then she was so nice to me la. Bathing was a pain! I wonder how I'm gonna go through that again tomorrow!

So how bad is my injury?? Here's some photos..

My Scraped elbow..
Now up close.. It hurts bad!

My scraped legs post yellow lotion

My swollen lips.. Pardon my un-perfect teeth..

So there it is. Been ages since I last fell. How I hate falling down. It's a fear to me seriously. Roomies were nice enough to buy yellow lotion for me. Hopefully I won't have scars in the end of this. Now as I can't seem to close my mouth, I'm having slight dehydration over my mouth, and my throat is gonna sore tomorrow. Hopefully what I foresee won't come true. What a way to end 2011. And yes, my baby car is safe. No worries about it. No bangs with the car (touch wood!). Hopefully no more accidents after this! Till the next post. I still hadn't figure out my new year's resolution. Let this be the first...
1. More carefully while jogging, walking or doing anything for that matter. No more MCC (mong ca ca or blur case)
-KarLeEn-


3 comments:

Ee said...

OMG... Be careful in the future... Haiyo... It look bad...

I hope you get better soon and 2010 will end great for you ya..Hugz

Karleen Chong said...

thanks e ling.. hopefully wat u say comes true.. hugs hugs.. have a great year ahead of ya! ^.^

Shahrul Izzam said...

poor thing ... kesian buah nangka tu ...