Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kubler Ross Grief Cycle

Denial.. Anger.. Bargaining.. Depression.. And finally Acceptance. For those who are unfamiliar with this cycle, it's called the Kubler Ross grief cycle model. Mostly we apply this in death and dying patient, where they go through all these stages before finally accepting the fact that they are dying. Well, for us medical students, we go through this cycle A LOT of time. Don't get me wrong! Not the dying part, but we just apply it in our lives. Depressed much? Not really, this is what you call applying what you have learnt!

Why mention this cycle all of a sudden you ask? Well, it's more of a continuous from my previous post. Since losing this precious thing of mine, I've practically gone through this cycle bit by bit without really realising it. First I was denying that I've lost it. I was thinking I must have misplaced it some place, some where. But then I jumped straight to the stage of depression. Depressed that how can I lose it so easily? How careless can I be? Then came Bargaining. I promise to be nice, I promise to be less careless, I promise to care for it more etc etc... If only You could return it back to me! But looks like my bargaining skill has not worked. :(

Then today I reached the stage of anger. Why anger you ask? Lemme just take you back to the day of the incidence. Well, I left my stuff inside the clinic on top of the trolley and without realising it, I went home (silly me!). Then when I realised I had lost it, I went back to the clinic by Monday (I left clinic on Friday and the clinic was closed during the weekend) to find out it was no more there! *cries* Then when further asked, the nurses just said go ahead. :(

Then later I was told a man from my university took it. Assuming that it was property of UMS despite being told to leave it there as the student (me) would come back and claim it. But he being his smart self still took it and counted that there was 11 of the stuff. They only brought like 10! Why did he take it!! Then I went and asked him for it today, and he said they have only 10 left. He thought a student has came to claim it. I was like WTF?! How can you assume such stuff? So that was my anger moment.

I don't know how far away my stuff is from me, but I seriously hope it does come back. Please come back to mummy. :( I don't want to enter the acceptance stage. Please come back. Till the next post...
-Karleen-

No comments: