Sunday, June 27, 2010

Forever in My Heart

DEATH.. the 5 letter word I absolutely dread hearing. It just hurts so much to lose someone. Imagine someone so near and dear to you, leaving you forever, now that's something hard to swallow ain't it?

I was so suprised when I learnt about the death of my student. For those who don't know, I taught in SDASA after my STPM. Well this girl was just the sweetest thing, quiet but around her friends, she will get bubbly too! How much has changed for the past 2 years for her. For me life has gone a 180 degree change for me since entering med school. I just wished someone, it could have been me who could have helped her through.

I'm not good with death. I think no one is or will be. My first encounter with the death was the death of my grandpa. Though I was just 8 years old at that time, I could still remember crying my eyes out during his funeral although I din exactly know what was going on. Second was the death of my dear friend Raj Kumar. How could a 14 year old get brain tumor out of no where? Life just ain't fair. I still remember Jason crying like a baby during Raj Kumar's funeral. He'll forever be remembered.

As the death list goes on, let's take a moment and reflect on our lives now. How I wish I could have helped her. But then like my dad says, there's no good in crying over spilled milk. So to my dear student in heaven joining the rest of those who are there, you'll forever be remembered. To us still here now, well I've certainly learnt that life's just too short to sigh and complain all the way. To all out there having a rough day, here's a song for ya...


Till the next post..

-karleen-

No comments: