Thursday, July 1, 2010

OSCE

To those who are not familiar with the title of this post, don't fret. It basically stands for Objective Structured Clinical Examination. For us medical students (ok well maybe only for me), I'm always afraid of OSCE. No doubt I've had experience for like 2 years now in med school, nothing has change since. *Huge sigh*

Well Why am I bringing this subject up all of a sudden? Well now that I've come to the end of my Introduction to Clinical Medicine posting (or in short ICMP), of course there will be examination since my university absolutely loves exams, there sure will be OSCE. Basically this examination test us skills we have learnt in the hospital. Whether it is examination of different systems of the body, or procedures done in hospital or just plain x-ray interpretation, everything comes into 1 exam.

Today I just finished my OSCE and I've to say I did badly. :'( I can't help but feel bad I my performance. Whether it was the history taking, or examination of the ulcer, or worse yet examination of the neck, I guess I screwed up most of it. *tears* Not that I don't know about it, it's just that at that particular moment, you just have a moment of brain freeze. Or like Dory from the movie 'Finding Nemo', your short term memory just disappear! Gone! *poof*

Hopefully I will do well in my short essay examination tomorrow. I had to rant it out somewhere. But since I'm living in a block that consist only of my medical classmates, there's no place else to rant it but here. So sorry guys. Now back to the books for exams tomorrow. Till the next post!

-karleen-

4 comments:

μž‘μ€ μ°Έμƒˆ said...

haha youre posts are so fantastically relateable XD wish you good luck on exams!

~seung min

Karleen Chong said...

thank u seung min.. glad u enjoyed reading it.. will post up more soon! :)

JoKeR ™ said...

nice blog ms.karleen, i hope that you can visit my blog 2 even if some of those are in filipino. by the way im jomar and this is my blog url

http://angbuhayngis.blogspot.com/

Karleen Chong said...

thanks joker..