Sunday, January 10, 2010

100110.. Just amazing

Okie. So somehow I just liked the date yesterday, so I thought I'd just blog about it. Nice rite yesterday's date? 100110. All zeroes and ones.

So it started off well shocking. Why I say so? Well it was time for my second visit to my foster family in Kudat for this year. And, and, and.. We're like supposed to be down at the bus stop at 0630 to wait for the bus. When I got up, (well actually more of like my roomie got up n shrieked la) it was already.. 0619! Shit! Watudoo. Cepat-cepat bergesa-gesa go toilet, mandi and all la, get dressed then it was off to the bus stop. Reach at approx. 0700. Hey I was actually early! Bus was scheduled to leave at 0700 actually, and believe it or not, I was one of the few early birds. All those rushing, somemore knock here and there (I'm getting more accident prone by the day!), semua untuk tunggu kat bus stop jugak. Haih...

To make matters worse, bus came late, and we were off only at 0800. 1 hour wait imagine that! Somemore somemore.. I dunno kenapa la si driver to, he went east instead of west (metaphorically la, not that i know where east or west pun) to go pump petrol, then turn back then only we were off to Kudat! Another HOUR wasted just to go pump petrol. Sweat sweat. But then again, good oso la, cos I gotta sleep more on the bus! Weee~

After 3 whole hours of exhausting journey (Don't la imagine roads like PLUS highways, think Kuala Pilah that kinda road, but with more holes, and just as winding), we finally made it safe and sound to Sikuati. My poor foster mom was waiting anxiously for us aldy. She waited for like almost 3 hours for us! So paise la! So we had lunch, and the next thing we know, we were off to their house in the kampung.

I finally met baby Asyikin for the 2nd time already. Ok. This was how she looked like when I last saw her during the Raya break. She was only like 2 weeks old.


Adorable ain't she?

Well, after 6 months, here she is now..


Looking as precious as ever
Isn't it just fascinating, she can grow up so fat? She can even walk on the baby walker now! From the photo above don't we both look like sisters? Ok. Lemme clarify something. She's actually my foster mother's granddaughther. So that like makes me her.. Aunt! Omg! Lol. Well who wouldn't wanna be her aunt. Just look at her...
Cute eh?
She does look like a chinese rite? She's so adorable and her face is so chubby! Reminds me of me! Lol. I just wanna protect her from being pinched by all those horrible horrible person. They are just so evil! Hmmm.. (Patutla I chubby till now)
So after another exhausting ride back UMS, we didn't stop and rest there. My friends and I went straight out to KK on another shopping trip! Ok ok. Well not exactly shopping trip for me. Just that Bao Ling is heading off to KL tis Wed for EASMC (so jealous of her!), so she had to get some souvenirs from Philipino Market. It was so cheap there! Much cheaper than the morning market they have every Sunday! Hmph! the 4 of us that went even got for ourselves each similar bracelets! Like sisters pulak! Lol. Buy la although I don like wearing bracelets. Hehehe.
Then later on, we headed off to the newest, swankiest hot spot in KK. The..
Well the name says it all rite?
Metrojaya, Hush Puppies, Levi's, Voir and a whole lot more of exciting shops awaits to be opened. Can't wait! Hopefully it will be fully opened before I head of to Sandakan. Hehehe. They were having book sales at 30% off for best sellers. They even have Cecilia Ahern The Gift. (Jie you want me to get it for u?). So excited when I saw those books! Lol. Okie. Proves that I am a nerd. Who cares! Lol. We had Pizza for the nite. Then head on home for much needed rest.
(L-R) Michelle, Bao Ling, Me!
Before I head on to this story, lemme show u a pic first...
Ignore the spelling mistake please
Get the idea? Well if you still don't, let me have you look at another sneak peak..
Got it?
Okie okie. I'm too excited d. My story got published in the newspaper!! Weeee~ Yes yes. And please do read the title. Lol. Tak faham le. Lol. It was written by yours truly in Bahasa Kadazandusun! Weeee~ And it was printed on a color page, on my birthday!! OMG! Happy birthday to me again!
The whole article
I'm so proud of myself. Don't the pictures look fantastic? Hehehehe. Okie. I'm off to my next class now. Till my next post! In KD perhaps. Lol.
-karleen-

5 comments:

lilo said...

wahhhhh masuk surat khabar!! can buy if u wanna buy, kekeke :)

Karleen Chong said...

Hehehe.. of cos! :P
u belum beli kan?? nanti when i go if got sales for the hard cover wan i buy la.. hard cover nicer kan? or u want soft cover?

lilo said...

don mind any cover... i am almost done with my storybooks here... cny time i bring back for u k?

Karleen Chong said...

yay!! when i go to the bookfair i sms u la.. hehehe.. buy books 4 u pula.. at times bookstore..

Grace said...

fuyoh!! someone's on paper!! xp