Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Older.. and wiser??

In exactly a week's time it'll be my 22nd birthday. Oh my gawd! I'm actually like 22 already? Seems old no? But then nothing much has changed.. to me at least. :)

When I was younger (not implying I'm like super old), I've always thought that people aged 20 and above are like old and mature. Like they are sure of what they want in their lives and they are all independent and just living a superb live they've always wanted. Childish no? Now that I'm coming to 22 (which is the definition of old in my dictionary last time), I still see the world like how I see it when I was like let's say 15 years old. Lol. I still do believe in happy endings and finding that prince charming. I still believe that love conquers all although that idea has been shook several times. I still believe that we can get what we want once we worked hard for it.

But then, as the big 2-2 is approaching, I've been brought back to life as a teenager, living the teenage nightmare! 2 huge pimples now plaster on my face and it is so ugly!! I was not one to get pimples during my teenage years, so I guess it's payback time now. But still.. How much I despise pimples! Not only that, Miss dandruff and Miss flab also came visiting. So life couldn't get much better do they? Hmph!

All in all, I must say I'm still contented with what I have now. Still in the midst of exams although my holiday moods are all on now! This would be my first birthday celebrated away from home. Oh how much I miss home! But I chose to stay back and chill in Sandakan as Kel will be having his SPM and sis will not be back. So if I do go back, I'll be stuck at home doing nothing as well. However, I'm so looking forward to visits from Chee Chee all the way from Port Dickson and Grace all the way from KK! That'll be like so much fun and visiting Sepilok and the proboscis monkey again. :)

Will be updating more now since it has been ages since I last blog. Will not be including pictures during this post, maybe next I'll post. Till then!

-karleen-

2 comments:

Yunrong Tan said...

you are wiser... just that u didn't realize it yet... turning the picture around... how do you feel bout 15 year olds now? Small farts right? exactly my point ;-)

Karleen Chong said...

15 year olds are like such small kids now.. I was thinkin when I was 15, I was so matured u kno? the eldest amongst the lower secondary.. lol.. so looks like i did mature.. lol