Saturday, September 25, 2010

September Holidays

How I just love holidays. Sitting around all day, propped up in the couch watching tv, feeling oh-so-comfortable back home, playing tennis whenever I feel like it, tasting great food and best of all, enjoying the company of the-loved-ones. Just one week has passed and how much I miss holidays. Lol

This raya holidays was the first raya holidays that I spent back home in PD after 2 years of spending it in Sabah. Usually I would not go back as tickets are like super expensive during the festive season. But this time around, I opted to go back instead. 3 major reasons prompted me in making this decision.
1) Sis is coming home too!
2) Grandma will be celebrating her 80th birthday and I just couldn't miss it!
3) Mom and dad celebrating their 27th wedding anniversary *big aawww*

Boy did I not regret my decision! Although there was the jealousy I felt when I heard my friends going back to KK singing karaoke, watching Step Up 3D and shopping, but nothing beats heading home, seeing the familiar faces after so many months. So first stop,

The newest hotspot in town, Ice Room

Looks delicious no from the pic on top? To me being an easily satisfied girl in the food department, it was good. Love mangoes so guess which was mine. Lol. So obvious no? But then it weren't the food that counts, but the company. How much this reunion brought back old memories. Met up with my best buds of form 6.

Ken Keat

Lay Hock

We've been friends since primary school! Although there was the separation during secondary school, but form 6 really brought us 3 close together. 3 person with such different personalities coming together, it's a miracle how we could be as close as we are till now. Still sms one another whenever we feel like it, and it's just comforting to know that someone is there for you when you need them to be. :) Too bad couldn't meet up with Pei Jun as she was stuck in Spore. Girl! I miss you so much! Shall kacau you some time soon. *promise*

After meeting up with friends, it's family time! I didn't expect it to be this big a gathering. I knew my cuzzies would be there, but not so many of them. So it felt so good. Like Chinese New Year all over again. *Grins*

The cuzzies and the gramma and grandaunt. :)

Love them to bits. :)

Now everybody say cheese!

It was such a wonderful gathering, filled with joy and laughter, certainly filled with warmth where you can find nowhere else but home. :) Can't wait for the next gathering! Probably Chinese New Year. that's like so far away! Then we went on for a trip down KL. Did some shopping in Sogo. Haven't been there for the longest time, and was certainly surprised by the amount of choices available there. Then we headed to KLCC Convention Centre for Bookfest.

It was organised by Popular

First time going to a bookfest and was really taken by surprised at the amount of people flocking the bookfest. Who said Malaysians don't read? Just visit the bookfest and see for yourself! So much to see, so little time. Bought some stationeries and my long-awaited twilight saga! OMG! Absolutely love it. At a reasonable price too! Thanks mummy. Even brought volume one and two to Sdk with me (as if I have the time to read it!). Didn't take a photo of it though, but it's just precious. *Grins*

Then later on was the celebration of my parent's wedding anniversary. Read this quote somewhere and it has somehow stayed in my head all these while. 'It's easy to fall in love, but to stay in love, that's hard work'. I can't help but agree with this quote! 2 person having to face each other everyday, believing in one another, and seeing through each other's flaws, now that's hard work. Now with the rise of divorce, am I glad that my parents love for each other remains strong, and growing every single day. Cheers to that!

Doesn't this makes you go awwww... :)

Having to grow up in small town Port Dickson within a loving family, what else could I wish for? Then holidays went on with more gathering with friends as well as me parking in front of the television, just enjoying watching whatever programme that was on that time. I was (still am) a person who just loves watching TV. A habit since young and at times I do wonder how I survive without television in campus. Lol. Then came Wednesday when Izzy came and buat kacau in Port Dickson.

See I did jump!

Kick my butt somemore. :(

As usual we went to the community park near town for some tennis coaching. But did some warm ups first with all the jumping around. Sadly, I was blamed for all the failed shots! Hmph!

At the tennis court.

In action! [Not much of a stylish tennis player huh? :( ]

After tennis, still had the energy jumping around

Chiang's looking at me thinking 'What the heck?'

Then he thought why not jump together?

Soon it went from 2 person to 4 person. (Jie what you doing la?)

Notice how Jie jumps. You can't see her face no?

Who said I can't jump? Proof!


After all the jumping around, time for some rest. :)

Next up, dinner!

Food in Seaview was good! I think I had a lil too much of food back home that it became an issue once I got back here with people mentioning I've gained weight (again??!). Seriously, I dunno how the heck am I gonna achieve my dream weight. With some more determination, I bet I can. Ok back to the story. By Thursday, I was heading back to Sdk again. Flight was too expensive on Sunday and I had to come back on Thursday instead. :( Back in Sdk, took the time to visit a few tourist spot (Well more like one tourist spot, lol). Went to Agnes Keith's House. Ask me who's that. Well all I can tell you is, she stayed in that house before, and she wrote a book last time which was very popular till the point that it was adapted into a film! Name of the book? I have no idea. Google it. Lol.
A scene from F.R.I.E.N.D.S Malaysia

The house itself behind us

We weren't allowed to take photos inside the house due to some special reasons which you'd find out if you were to go visit the house yourself. :P It poured as we were looking at the surroundings of the house. But that certainly didn't stop us from taking photos! Without realising it, holidays has come to an end. So how else to celebrate it but food!

Choc Ice-cream. Nyum nyum~

Had the best Japanese meal ever to satisfy own desire and it was so worth it! Then came the dreaded Monday and it was off to hospital! I'd talk about my new posting in my next entry. Till the next post!
-KaRleeN-



6 comments:

Ck3cheok said...

Lol..wanna go sdk! but doubt my mum'll let me go alone..=(

Karleen Chong said...

come la chee chee.. come come.. :)

Ck3cheok said...

Lol..i sure will..persuading her in letting me.. =D

Karleen Chong said...

come n celebrate my 22nd birthday wit me! omg.. so old d.. lol

lilo said...

nice post! :)

Karleen Chong said...

lilo: thank u thank u!! :)