Friday, June 18, 2010

Week 2.. & Counting

Wow! I survived! phew~ Just 2 weeks into clinical years I feel like a month or two has passed.. This is bad man! Oh well.. hmmm

So things are starting to get better this week. Still wandering around the wards though. Figuring out what kinda case to clerk, what kinda procedures to watch, what not to do to irritate the staffs there, what to do to make d staffs there to help u etc. Who said there's no such thing as 'hospital politics'! My gawd~ If you're close or somehow the MOs, HOs or nurses kinda like you, your life in clinical years will be so much of a bliss! Too bad for me, still an outcast, but okie la. I like how things are now.. :)

I've learnt so much on how to approach ppl, n just be thick-skinned, unafraid of being rejected or worse yet, scolded at. Although my heart's like beating super fast whenever I approach some1 to clerk or help, but the relieve you get when they actually spare their time to help you is awesome! This week I've learnt to be brave enough to perform physical examinations. It actually takes courage to touch other people's bodies ok? What if I scratched him? Or caused harm to him? Or just plain off pissed him? So many things to consider eh. Who said a doctor's job is easy?

I've developed a very weird sleeping pattern now. Here I am on a Friday nite when I can sleep as much as I want (it's the weekends!), but I'm actually having insomnia! I'm not even yawning. Oops! just yawn. Must be my brain playing a trick on me. Now I've got so much on my mind. Exam's like in 2 weeks time, my log book is like so far from completion, my first rotation is O&G, I've gained like so much of weight that it's really killing me etc. Let's just say that things aren't exactly going my way. Hopefully things turn good by the tie I wake up tomorrow. :) Off to bed now, hoping to get some rest to gain energy for the morning jog I planned to do. Please don't rain~ Till the next post..
-karleen-

No comments: