Sunday, June 13, 2010

Clinical years.. :(

So a week has gone by since I officially started my clinical year (after such a nice, stress-free holiday), all the thoughts running through my mind now is... 'I miss pre-clinical years!'

I know that's not exactly a good sign, but this past week has been tough. Imagine being thrown into the hospital wards, and there you are wandering aimlessly. Okie. So you must be thinking, surely some kinda instructions have been given. Well they have, but having clinical skills being practised on normal individuals and patients lying sick on the hospital beds are SO DIFFERENT!

You get the feeling that you are always in the way of the nurses, doctors even the patient! I mean c'mon! surgical patients are like in deep pain, and here we are poking here and there. One batch comes and go, then another batch comes again after 30 minutes! We're so torn over the situation. It's like wat my fren said, I don't want to be in your way, but I need to be as I have to learn.. So please bear with me? *hopeless grin*

I just hope all goes well as the time passes. I just can't stand the looks of the patients who are now petrified over the presence of my classmates and I. So sorry for all the inconvenience. All I can do now is take a deep breath, sigh, stop, change my perspective. And maybe, just maybe tomorrow will be a brighter day.
(I so wanna sing Anne's song now 'Tomorrow! tomorrow! I love you, tomorrow.. You're always a day away~~)

Till the next post
-karleen-

No comments: