Friday, March 14, 2008

Decision time!

Since my last 2 posts were kinda depressing, Wayne said i must end it with a happy note. He said don la leave ppl hangin there like tat, feelin down. Must hv happy ending. Although malas, but 4 Wayne, write oso la. hahahaha..
So where did i left it hangin. Oh yeah! A day be4 results. I was seriously freaking out! U cant really blame me 4 tat can ya? Cos it's really do or die 4 me havin done f6. If i were to do badly, it's back to square 1 4 me, bein lost, dunno mana nak pegi. Most ppl will put it as 'told cha to go college straight after spm, c u've wasted 2 years of ur life bla bla bla bla...' Get d idea? D day be4 results I was so freaked out let's jz say i was not really myself. Ppl chat wit me tat nite wud kno. I was even wandering around d house quietly. My parents noticed d difference but din point it out at me. Hahahahaah. They must hv been worried tat nite. I even fell asleep on d couch downstairs instead of goin up to my room n sleep. All weird stuffs happening. Hahahaha. But thank god at least I could sleep 4 abt 3 hours be4 bolting out of bed.
So wat happened on tat day was rumours spreading around results out early. Then came a bad news tat hit me rite on d face. Nobody got 4 flat in school. N i always said u either get 4 flat or u fall flat. So it's like spirit half broken d. Even worse, only a few attained 3A n 1A-. Wa probability it being me kinda low oso. Takpe takpe, pegi cuci baju first la, play wit water first. sure feel better. hahahaha. Reach school abt 12pm. Frens all dunno menghilang mana, 1 pun belum sampai. N i tot i was late. apalah! Saw my form teacher, Pn Haema sitting there. Saw me ny, thumbs up. I was like wat? WAT?? Haiyoyo. Lagi suspend. Got unofficial result. I'm one of d lucky few. Oh god please let it be me. please.. Manatau kena tunggu speech all somemore. Haiyoyo. Dah la suspend d. Nak tambah suspend lagi ke? Finally givin out results. Names of 4A's student called out 1 by 1. 5 science stu only. Name 1 not me. Name 2 not me. Name 3 not me. Name 4 oso not me. Apa ni? 3/4 spirit now gone. Miracles do happen i guess. My name was called. Nak jugak letak last sekali la. Suspend suspend! Got up wobbly from d chair. Made my steps slowly towards the stage. thinkin to myself please don fall please don fall! Reach d stairs. Almost, n i mean almost lost my balance. Thank god i din. hahaha.. went up(they called papa too), took d results with hands shivering legs standin unstably. Hahahaha. Wat a feeling. I did it! I really did it. wat next? Go round share d joy, Thankin all teachers, huggin my dear frens who i've not seen 4 so long! hahahah.. it was a happy moment. 4 me i guess. But for some, not quite so i guess. Awkward, but tat's reality. Wanna console it'll only make them feel worst. So jz be there 4 then i guess.
Later celebration at KFC. Where else could we go? If only la PD got McD's. tapi takde. So KFC jugak la. chatted so long, so much to catch up wit frens. It felt like old times. Comfortable n enjoyable company with ur frens.
Without me knowing, news do travel around fast. Ppl as far from AUH n US oso tau. Scary man. AUH of cos la. Cos i told my dear jie jie ma. Must la share d news wit her! But i was so surprised to hear my fren all d way from US congratulating me. Technology, technology. Scary at times how fast news can spread. As for situation in PD, somehow words r oso spreading around. Ppl comin up congratulating me. It's kinda weird, but it's such a satisfying feeling havin worked so hard 4 it. sigh of relieve. phew~
As for now, decision time. Where to apply? Which course to cont? Which U's d best? All simple questions but U feel so hard answering them. It's like ur future is rite in front of u to decide now! wit a deadline too. hahahaha.. As i've always been told of how good Spore education is, so plannin to apply NUS. Writing essay for d application was tough. It's like promoting urself, but u cant be over braggin, cant be over dramatic, somehow must be modest yet must stand out from d rest of d pile! mission impossible or wat? tapi kena tulis jugak la. But thank goodness i hv my lovely jie jie who's ever so willin to help. N wayne to proof read n give his approval. Not forgetting getting pass izzy wizzy school of essay for university application. So many stages to go thru. N it doesan't end there. There's pa n mi giving valuable advices n my ever so helpful english teacher to check for grammar mistakes. I'm so blessed, i kno! hahahaha..
Oh yea! Must narrate a lil on wat happened while applyin 4 my bank draft today as application fees for NUS. ENter maybank. Scary lady greets u. Tapi i oso tak tau apa2, so asked wit a smile, akak macam mana nak apply bank draft. Wit a sarcastic smile, ambik borang ni, isikan sini apa, sana apa, bla bla bla bla.. so do as she says. Done! Go back to her again. check 4 me, reluctantly givin me a number. As i was waiting for my turn, I kept noticing d lady greeting customers as my no was so far back. As i was watching, i felt kinda sorry 4 her act. She seems so restless, so fed up of her job! At times even lose her patients slightly, raising her voice slightly. Besides her, there was another woman at d counter. She was so free tat she was staring around d whole time i was there! weird how some behind d counter r so bz, n some jz sittin there lost in a world of their own. At last my turn came n i bought my first bank draft! hahaha.. No big deal 4 some, but it was such a big accomplishment 4 me! hahahahah.. I could handle tis without daddy beside me. hhahaah.. Small girl growing up d! hahaha.. Next stop post office. Here d lady greeting me was much much friendlier. She kept smiling d whole time i hept shooting questions after questions at her. She din seem to mind, in fact i think she found it amusing a girl suddenly askin so many questions. Hahahaha.. I don care. At least now i kno wat i need to kno.
I've not been adding pics 4 a long long time. So here's some captured during results day:
wit 1 of my bestest buddies, PJ aka Pei Jun
My mei mei(sonice to come all d way to be there 4 me!), me n PJ
Wit hock at KFC

Wit PJ! So different yet some how we remain as such close frens.. Weird weird!
1 of my oldest frens yet! Syquina. She's so pretty isnt she?
the 4 stooges! hahahaah.. PJ, Me, Hock n Ken Keat.
So after tis, all i hv to do is jz sit back, relax, pray hard n keep my fingers crossed hoping to get into my desired uni wit the course i want. So nerve wrecking. Ok ok. Chill chill. 4 now is party time! hahahaah.. be4 visiting back my 'old frens', d thick thick textbooks. Ahhh! till d next post... ;P

4 comments:

Ee said...

Congrats my dear.. i'm proud of you.. best of luck ya..

Karleen Chong said...

thank u oh! now jz crossin my fingers hopin to get accepted into U of my choice la! ;P

Ee said...

i know i know.. don't worry everything will go fine for you ok.. muacks

Karleen Chong said...

thank u so much 4 ur support oh! will jia you d.. hahahah.. go go hu-ai-ting!