Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mixed Pork Porridge

I don't normally post about food, but then this is too good to be missed out. So bear with me as I don't think I can describe it as flowery as other food bloggers, however, a food lover who I am (explains the big size) would really love to share this place with you!

See I've always loved porridge. I've heard so much olden day sayings about how porridge makes you '水肿' (puffy), so don't eat it etc etc. Already puffy d lo, to hell with it la, makan! Lol. How to achieve SNSD legs I ask you?

Back to porridge, so I've tasted my very first mixed pork porridge, or in chinese 猪什粥 back in Macalister Road, Penang where I joined the Junior International Tennis Circuit Tournament. It tasted ssssoooo good! I was like about 16/17 at that time, so the era of social media had not taken over the world, and there was no cellphones with camera, no tweet-then-eat phenomenon. So what I'm left with is just the plan old memory of how heavenly it tasted. *drools*

My parents knowing how much I love porridge found out this place in Seremban who caters this mixed pork porridge. Seeing that I'm from Port Dickson, it's just like a half and hour journey there! And with my bro taking the KTM every weekend now, my parents get to enjoy the food even more so now!

Tadaa~ 3 bowls of mixed pork porridge please~

I should have mixed up the porridge and show you up close what's inside. But then it was too good and I was hungry. Teehee~ I only like the large intestine and the stomach part usually (it sounds so disgusting saying it in English term) but then the porridge has like so many inners of the pig which I don't even recognize! But but.. khalas! All gone! Because it was that good and it didn't taste weird!

For those who are getting squirmish you may want to try this instead.
Steamed chicken!

You can either eat it with the porridge (like us), or order a plate of rice and tadaa~ awesome chicken rice! The chicken wasn't tough, and it wasn't undercook or overcooked. It was just nice, soft and succulent.

A shot of interiors of the shop

See the amount of chicken hanging there? Shop's really busy with customers either eating there or 'tapao' back to eat. It usually opens at about 6pm I think and no definite closing time as once everything is sold, then shop is closed! Imagine how good business they have that there was once my parents coming in at about 8 something to find that all the food finished! That's like in under 3 hours time! Amazing!

I'm not too sure how much a bowl cost (sorry). However for us, with 3 bowls of the porridge and 1 steamed chicken for 2, the amount came up to RM30.50. I think it was value for money!

The shop is located at Jalan Temiang, Seremban. It's a corner shoplot and for sure you'll see lots of cars being parked outside.

Restoran Kawan (Friend's Restaurant)

Got lots to do this coming week and am still waiting for my letter for induction. Hopefully all will be settled soon! Till the next post!

-KaRLeeN-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In lieu of running a wide collecting very low ordinary baggage that happen to be out of the question to hold plus needs to be trashed just after not one but two travels to your local retailer, make sure you private a couple with high-quality baggage you may trust in when. louis vuitton outlet Gals can continue to keep your handbags frequent plus make use of it frequently without the need of fearing it can disparaging offer, once they have will find greater expense inside of a creator travelling bag. louis vuitton outlet When you are fearful you pay back an awesome cost for a travelling bag that should walk out design within per annum, you may continually go with a common kinds. replica gucci Usually there are some baggage this have been cool and trendy. Above this, design continually dates back plus finds out idea while in the fads of your recent, so you're able to without difficulty dress yourself in the best handbags just as before, dior outlet when you've got perseverance plus bide time until them to turn into classy just as before. replica handbags sale Hence, you must pay for baggage produced from high-quality elements to be certain they should go away a examine of one's either concerning affliction plus design and style.