Thursday, December 4, 2008

Short Update (but not so short after all)

Well these days i've been going on n on abt my muka kena pukul sebelah.. Some may kno it some may not.. well to make a long story short, i had my wisdom tooth taken out.. i kno i kno.. wat's d big fuss of having TWO teeth taken out.. lemme brief u through the whole procedure..

Story begun on a fine day(start la grandma story) back in 2007.. there was like tis gap between my right belakang sekali tooth with d 2nd most belakang sekali tooth.. so i tot wat normal ppl would think la.. oh shit! cavity.. so tot jz 1 visit to doc, let them hv a look.. repair wateva damage wit it.. bear wit the pain for a day n be done wit it.. but noooo~ doc said ur wisdom tooth grown senget-ed.. hv to remove.. both sides.. i was like WAT?? but then brush it aside la.. cos he said only remove it after STPM ma.. okie la..

Comes the time after STPM where i conveniently brush the whole idea out of my mind.. enjoyed my time in auh, during cny n my long long holiday.. how fun.. then comes the time when i have to face the reality.. it was swollen once when i was in sabah.. so come back tis hols i hv to get it removed.. so okie la.. prepare myself la.. met wit dr goh n all.. my orthodontist.. she referred my case to sban.. so get x-ray done n met wit dr michelle (who is super nice!).. when the x-ray came out i was shocked myself.. instead of growing vertically (like how all tooth is suppose to grow), mine grew HORIZONTALLY!! macam mana ni? okie la.. i kno i'm not really a normal person.. but cant i hv like normal teeth? after running through some details on the minor surgery.. with 4 doctors (including the highest rank doc) comin to c me (so nerve wrecking u kno!!), date is set to hv the surgery 0n 2nd dec 2008..

Comes tat fateful day tat i've dreaded for a whole year now.. d day i lose not 1 but 2 teeth.. aduhai.. so pegila klinik pakar kat sban.. next thing i kno i was on the dentist chair, getting jap for local anaesthesia.. so after not 1, not 2 but 3 japs, the lower lips, tongue n whole bottom part of my teeth on the right side all numb d la.. sakit tau kena jap.. tot the experience last time when i was abt to put on my braces, kena jap to take out tooth was the last time d.. manatau.. de javu le!! hehehehe... so start la.. the whole surgery i mean... so she started by cutting part of the tissue, or shall i say gum.. i din feel a thing (local anaethesia ma.. kalau tak screamin in pain d lo!!).. then came the drill.. imagine hearing d 'zzzzzzzzzzz....' sound the whole time ur teeth kena drill.. wat a scary experience.. i do feel some pressure throughout the whole drilling process.. n it din help for me having a big crown.. so kena la drill utk masa yg panjang sangat.. haiyo!! finally, wit much struggle, doc using the biggest 'penyepit' (i forgotten the name okie?) she can find, she finally managed to wiggle the crown part of my wisdom tooth out.. yea!! so i tot jz mayb i can get a breather, tapi memandangkan doc ask u ok? i jz said ok la.. continue..

Part 2.. tis is the part where the roots comes off... no no.. they don drill into my gum to take it out.. but somehow they could take it off after much of a struggle.. phew~ tapi my wisdom tooth ni le got not 1 but 2 roots.. so lagi la kena.. tapi luckily managed to relax myself n finally it came off.. yea!! hehehehe.. then came the part i hate the most.. more japs!! tis time for the upper part of the teeth.. kena lagi!! 2 more.. tis makes it to a total of 5 japs.. jz the tot of the injection now bulu pun meremang.. hehehehe.. off to x-ray to make sure all the roots r out n i'm wisdom root free..

Part 3, the x-ray room.. i absolutely hate the nurse!! (not the first time me hating a nurse).. so anyway, i had to hold the x-ray plate la in the mouth.. but then she put the film rite to the back of my throat.. make me macam wanna puke.. somemore still pain ma so cant exactly hold it still la.. so she finally gave up, use her fingers to help me hold.. expose to x-ray (hahahaha.. padan muka!!).. i'm evil i kno.. hheheheeh.. so leave her there la.. i still hate her till now.. hehehehe..

Part 4.. take out the upper back most tooth.. tis is jz a simple procedure... loosen the tooth then pull it off la.. simple enuf.. but it left such a big gap behind!! hehehehee... the upper part did not require stitches.. tapi lower part i kena 3 stitches.. from a person who tak pernah get stitches now kena 3 stitches.. ouch!! hehehehe...

After everything is done, i was giving gauze to stop bleeding n left to take my medicine which consist of panadol n mouth wash cos had to use it to keep my mouth bacteria free cos i cant really brush the other side of my teeth.. from then on the next few days was kinda a torture for me.. my right cheek bengkak till macam kena belasah one side.. teruk teruk!! hehehehe.. then wit the swelling my makan time seems to take like forever.. i can nv finish a decent meal under 1 hour.. so food portion cut down la.. i was so hoping i could like lose a few pounds after removing tis 2 teeth.. tapi i spend the time recovering in kl in my aunt's house.. she kept feeding me.. cham la.. i think i put on weight than lose them.. hehehehe.. cham la!! hehehehe.. oh n the worse part of tis whole process is tat the bleeding jz wouldn't stop!!! it only stopped like after 3 days!! how la.. sleep oso blood kena pillow.. haiyo!! hmmmm...

Bottom line is it is all passed.. phew~ now it is still kinda swollen.. but much better compared to the last few days where ppl tot i still had gauze in my mouth eventhough i din.. how la? hahahhahaaha... okie la.. my short updater became kinda a long wan.. i think shud change it to dental nightmare!! hahahahaha.. till the next post!!
-karleen-

3 comments:

lilo said...

All I want for Christmas is my two back teeth, my two back teeth....

Hahahaha

Karleen Chong said...

i still can remember mummy said u sang tat song till u cried.. awww~

lilo said...

i cried? i cried? when was that la?