Thursday, October 29, 2015

Week 2

So week 2 of working in Sabah now. (Week 3 since I came here) Time sure flies. Like really slowly... I think the term used by Cathy is quite appropriate in this context. The days are passing by really slowly yet the months are passing by in a blink of an eye. Does that even make sense?

I wouldn't say that I have not learnt in Klinik Kesihatan. Cos most of the time we would think that doctors rot in Klinik Kesihatan as we're not exposed to like life threatening events and just deal with common coughs and colds. But it is here where we actually detect those conditions before it escalades. It's preventive, and curative at the same time. I'm learning more and more on how to treat hypertension and diabetes as time goes on. I'm learning every single day and hopefully not miss anything too big as I go on. If I'm at a doubt I ask.

You know like how patient come to you with one high reading of BP. I mean not sky high like 200/110. More like 150/90. Patient did not take anti hypertensive this morning. So how? Would you increase the dosage with just one reading? So it's a different kind of challenge. Say if you have a patient with isolated proteinuria of 4+ (like the patient I had this morning and it has been there for past 3 years now), what do you do? It's this kind of things that makes it a little more tricky to treat.

All in all, I guess there's no regrets coming here. I've got a lot more time in hand to do some thinking. And also with me taking 3 meals a day, that's when gastritis hits me. *sweat* When I was in emergency department I was surviving on 1 meal a day and no problem at all. Now here I am taking in ranitidine, syrup MMT to cure my gastritis/dyspepsia. Slept the whole day yesterday and now on the road to recovery. Hopefully I'll be alright soon. Feeling a tad weak but that's fine. 

Otherwise, I'm shifting into my new place by this week! *shrieks in delight* yes my very own place for the first time ever. Excited of course! It's a studio apartment, partially furnished just minus a few kitchen items and all. Below are a few photographs of my new place!

The living room

Kitchen + laundry (note no gas stove)

The dry kitchen + dining area

Bathroom (hot shower!)

Bed room (didn't take pic of the cupboard though)

Doesn't look too bad no? Excited to buy things and fill it in. I've spent so much money since shifting here it's not even funny. But oh well, hopefully later after I settle down it'll get better. So that's all from me now. Will update again soon

No comments: