Wednesday, February 12, 2014

After 7 Months

So much has changed since the last time I've blogged. It has been a long 7 months hiatus, but no, I've not forgotten about my blog. I can officially say that I'm working, having my first stable job at the age of 25! Woohoo! *confetti flies around* it's really a big thing considering some of my friends who have been working since they were like 18-23? 25? First job? Like late bloomer. Lol

Besides that it is 2014, I'm officially at my 2nd posting as a house officer. It seem to have passed so quickly no? But trust me, I'm living by the day currently in medical posting. O&G was fun, learnt a lot. But then it just isn't the same as medical where it feels like someone throwing you in the big ocean and asking you to swim and find your way out of it! (Drama or not?) I've really gotten a shock when I entered medical with like a cubicle full of patient intubated, another bunch bed bound with the worst sacral sore you can imagine. Really an eye opener!

Working has thus far been fun but really tiring. My working hours now range from 65-82 hours per week (65 is a lie!). I come into work before 7am and leave after 8pm on a normal day shift. Say if I'm working night, I come in at 7am, leave at 1pm come back again at 7pm and then leave the next day at 1pm. Tiring onot? My superiors doesn't seem to think so with they saying 'for continuity of care..' Continuity of care my ass! With patients moving here and there, it's impossible to follow the patient from admission to discharge. Plus saying we have an hour break for lunch? How to do so if rounds finished at 12pm and you have like abundance of blood to take? Like OMG right?

I've seen so much of like heart warming but also heart breaking stories in the hospital. Just the other day I met a couple, whereby the lady was diagnosed with breast carcinoma that spread to her bones, undergoing chemotherapy after going through surgery and previous chemotherapy and radiotherapy. After going through so much of hardship, she still seemed so calm. My guess must be her fiancé supporting her journey to recovery. It was so touching hearing the man calling her dear and like worrying about her here and there, knowing exactly how er treatment she has had so far. True love really does exist! :)) it's this kinda heart warming stories that keeps me smiling even though I've had a rough day at work.

There's still so much to share! But then I'm night tomorrow which means long hours! (Can't wait) sarcasm at its best. Till the next post!

3 comments:

free computer lesson said...

good post. free computer lesson

Anonymous said...

Download captain america 2 : www.captainamerica2thewintersoldier.com/

Anonymous said...

Purses and handbags plus heels could be the self-importance on the women. fake cartier People supplement its design and style plus enable these folks make its self-belief. Your tasteful travelling bag may change your unexciting wardrobe to a amazing, eye-catching look and feel plus that's why gals unquestionably like the following adornment. fake louis vuitton bags Finishing touches are created to bring this minimal excess generates out of a run-of-the-mill wardrobe a little something astonishing. replica chanel The actual is definitely that you have to dress yourself in your handbags as being the fantastic doing touching. Your mismatch might mess up any campaigns, therefore, the style and design, colouring plus method of travelling bag you decide dress yourself in on a daily basis will have to supplement a person's attire, heels plus hairstyle for your flourishing look and feel. fake rolex An honest fashionista has a considerable collecting baggage at your house, although the nice thing about it pertaining to baggage is definitely that you may coordinate one of them by using lot of costumes and still find an attractive glance. rolex replica By way of example, haul baggage work by using either recreational attire plus business attire.